(ec) essential connection magazine: What's in a (Nick)name?







Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What's in a (Nick)name?

While engaging in an always-important hallway "meeting" this morning, the ec team got involved in a discussion about nicknames. Well, Jen actually started it by randomly sharing that her parents used to refer to her as "Buffykins." (Something about her curly hair and a ratty Mickey Mouse T-shirt she wore incessantly led them to dub her as such.) Never having heard of such a nickname, I replied that my Dad called me "Em" or "Sweetheart," while my mother called me "Darlin." Jen asked if I had Southern parents. Well, obviously. Mandy volunteered that her brother calls her "Manny" or "Dink"/"Dinkers." So that led us to wonder about the nicknames of our loyal blog readers. How 'bout it? Do you have a nickname? If you do, leave us a comment. We'd love to hear it!

Emily

P.S. Mandy made some really great cookies and banana bread for her beloved coworkers as Christmas gifts. Wish we could share with you all, but the Internet's not quite there yet. Check back tomorrow. But rest assured that they're DELICIOUS! :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My BF calls me "Gracie Ann" and in return I call her "Mookie Raye".

Long stories behind these names!

August 19, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home