(ec) essential connection magazine: I spy . . .







Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I spy . . .

Living in Nashville is a great experience. Sometimes you see country and Christian music stars at your favorite restaurant or walking down the street. (And if you're anything like me, you don't recognize them!) So there's a lot of fun experiences and things you get to see in Nashville that don't really happen all that often elsewhere. Like this:
hawknelson

That's right. It's Hawk Nelson's "HawkMart" truck, parked outside a local Wal-Mart store when I stopped in last night to get a prescription filled. I'm not sure if the guys were anywhere in the vicinity or even in the store—I went through the drive-thru! But even musicians and merch workers have to eat, so I'm sure the crew was stocking up! The guys of Hawk Nelson are playing a lot of festivals this summer and plan to travel to 32 Minor League parks to entertain fans with pre- and post-game concerts.

What are some funny sights you've seen around your neighborhoods? Let us know in the comments section. Better yet, post a pic!

(Sorry for the picture quality. You can only expect so much when you're taking the picture with your phone!)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Well, driving in to work on the freeway I used to see a man in a forest-green BMW convertible shaving his bald head with an electric razor...and the top down. I was consumed by thoughts of the razor flying out of his hand and causing a massive, CNN-worthy accident.

Also at one point I used to see a guy driving a big gravel truck with a "class of '74" sticker on the back. I never could get close enough to see what he looked like, but I always used to wonder if graduating in '74 meant you had a good future as a gravel-truck driver, or what.

June 17, 2008 at 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home