(ec) essential connection magazine: Music Minute







Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Music Minute

We've got new stuff fresh from Norway today, which makes me happy because my grandmother on my mom's side was Norwegian, and these fellas are from Stavanger, where my gran was born. (Ya.)

Dreampilots were a big hit at GMA week here in Nashville this year, and they've released an album called Comedown that is full of rockin' 70s-style guitar tunes. They're part Switchfoot, part U2, and part Radiohead, but keep listening and you'll hear a lot of pop influence, too. Check out the title track...just don't ask me how to say their names. Karl, Oddi, and Inge I can do, but I've absolutely no idea how to say "Gulliev." The band's name comes from their desire to "pilot people to the Lord." We like that!

Dreampilots - Comedown (Bonus Track Version) - Comedown



And maybe you know by now that Hawk Nelson released a new album last week called Live Life Loud. (To the best of my knowledge, they are not Norwegian.) If you've never listened to Hawk Nelson, you should! We love their philosophy (which is not about volume), their sense of humor, and their name. These fellas give 110% all the time. Bring your 3D glasses to their site and have a little fun previewing their tracks. Then skip on over to iTunes and pick up some tunes for your very own. (Yes, I said "skip." Don't be a hater.) Here's a link to the title track.

Hawk Nelson - Live Life Loud - Live Life Loud

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home