(ec) essential connection magazine: A word from the trusty intern, Chansin







Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A word from the trusty intern, Chansin

With a 20-inch flat screen Macintosh, two desks, and a plastic tree, this office will be mine for the next three months, and I’m very happy to be the intern for ec magazine this semester.

Being a senior in college, this is the fifth internship I’ve had at various companies, but it’s the first time I’ve had my own office. I could barely believe it when they showed it to me. I get my own phone, stapler, and cushioned desk chair that spins. Who could ask for more?

Mandy, Emily, Jen … these are the girls who put ec together each month, and I couldn’t have asked for more fun people to work with. Not only have they been incredibly nice to me, but I can tell they really care about their readers (you!) and about putting together a magazine that will help you know Christ better.

There’s a girl named Ashley who works in the office, too, and she gave me a grand tour of the Lifeway building last week. This place is huge! There’s a whole section just for conferences because stuff is always going on here, and they even have their own cafeteria for all the employees. Ashley showed me their library, too, which contains a copy of just about everything Lifeway has ever published plus more. Ashley told me the history of Lifeway (which started as the “Baptist Sunday School Board” in 1891!) in her sweet Tennessee accent.

I’m a Texas girl myself. I went to high school in Granbury, Texas, and moved to Nashville for college. I’m a senior now at Belmont University and can’t believe my college life is almost over. It feels like it was yesterday when I was doing middle school drama and then playing tennis for the high school team.

That’s one of the reasons I’m excited about working for ec. It was only a few years ago that I was in your shoes! I remember that middle school and high school can be tough … but it can also be so much fun – especially if you have a loving church and personal relationship with Jesus. He’s the only reason I was able to get through it all!

I hope to spend this semester learning what’s involved in publishing a magazine. I also plan on learning more about God … and then passing along some of that through articles and blog entries to you guys. Have a great day, and plan on hearing from me again soon!

--Chansin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home