(ec) essential connection magazine: Give your mom the PERFECT gift!







Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Give your mom the PERFECT gift!

meandmom

Moms are cool, most of the time. They take care of you when you're little, try to teach you the right things, sometimes admit they've been wrong, and are some of the most important people in our lives.

Take my mom for example. That's a picture of us from about two years ago. My mom is my mom. She and my dad worked hard to teach me the truth, raise me in a way that would bring glory to God, and correct me (even when it hurt them more than it hurt me) when I was in the wrong. She's been a constant source of advice, an example of serving others, and she's always good for a laugh. My mom wasn't my best friend when I was your age (and she shouldn't have been, I don't think!), but I can tell you that she's one of my best friends now. I admire her love for others, her willingness to serve, her steadfastness, and her kindness. I like that I get to watch her as she walks her journey of faith and is still growing in her relationship with Christ. I feel blessed every day that God chose my mom and dad for me.

So, what do you think about your mom? What makes her special? What do you admire about her? The perfect gift might be telling her those things. And we have the perfect way for you to do that: in the May 2009 issue of ec! Tell us all about your mom, why she's special, why you admire her, or even a special Mother's Day you've already shared. Just comment and tell us! You could (and probably will) see your quote in the May 2009 issue of ec. But hurry! Time is running out! :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The Dorris Girls said...

My mama is great! She puts up with alot between my sisters and I. She teaches us about the Bible every day. She is VERY strict and it doesn't seem fair to me at times, but I always know that she does it for my best. She is a great friend, and I love her very much.

January 16, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home