(ec) essential connection magazine: Thank you!







Monday, November 24, 2008

Thank you!

Today—my last day of work this week before some vacation days and time spent with family celebrating Thanksgiving—I'd actually like to stop for a moment and think about some of the things I'm thankful for. So I'm making a list for you all to read. (Please stop rolling your eyes!) Here we go!

• My family, particularly my new nephew, Eli. In all seriousness, I have wonderful parents who love God and serve Jesus. They brought me up with a beautiful heritage of faith, and I love and respect them. My brother is one of my best friends, and his wife makes me smile. You may not understand this now (I didn't when I was in high school), but I hope that there will come a day when you are simply grateful that God gave you the parents He did. That you thank Him for the people He chose to be your siblings.

• Jesus. Yes, it's the Sunday School answer, and I hate those as much as you do, but it's true. It struck me yesterday in church how thankful I am for what Jesus did. He made a way for salvation. My salvation! Jesus laid His life down so that we could live! What greater love than that? I am thankful for parents who lived out their faith and taught me what it meant to be a Christian, but I am eternally thankful for Jesus' life, death, and resurrection. I am thankful for the power of Christ in me. And I hope that I never get over the wonder and overwhelming love I feel when I think about His sacrifice.

• The TV show "Chuck." I can't explain why I like it; I just do. Chuck Bartowski is adorkable.

• My friends. God has blessed me with wonderful friends who are like my family in Nashville.

• My church. I love being part of a church that is really seeking God's leading. I love serving alongside these people, singing in the choir, and simply reading God's Word together. I love the sweet spirit that has come over the church and the expectation that God is calling us to something big. I am thankful for all of that. And the fact that I get to be a part of it.

• Cherry Coke Zero. The St. Louis Cardinals. My dog. (OK, those are silly, but I am seriously thankful for every last one of them!)

So what are you thankful for? List your thankful things in the comments. We'd love to know what's going through your heads.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home